Ames and Iowa State University look forward to hosting us for the Odyssey of the Mind 2020 World Finals! Read the following for helpful information for getting your team and your props to campus. The World Finals FAQ also has answers to many questions about the campus.
Ames is served by two major airports in Iowa. Des Moines International Airport (DSM), Des Moines, IA and Eastern Iowa Airport (CID), Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Round trip shuttle service is available from both the Des Moines, IA (DSM) and the Eastern Iowa Airport Cedar Rapids, IA(CID).
- The shuttle will run between the airport and registration sites. If officials are on board, it will first stop at the Gateway Hotel and Conference Center and then continue to the Stephens Building at the Iowa State Center for teams.
- Shuttles will be scheduled to accommodate Odyssey group arrivals and are not available at regular intervals or to other destinations.
- Delayed flights will be accommodated as quickly as possible.
- Service is available Monday, May 25th through Sunday, May 31st.
- To make your shuttle reservation visit ThinkAmes.com/worldfinals2020.
You are encouraged to ship early to have props arrive by the May 15 deadline.
Preparing to Ship Your Props:
Pack props in cases, crates or cartons. All cartons that are shipped must fit through a standard doorway of 32” wide x 72” tall and must be less than 8’ long.
- Fill out the enclosed shipping label completely and attach the label securely to EACH case or carton. Copy the shipping label as necessary.
- DO NOT PUT PROPS MADE FOR MORE THAN ONE PROBLEM IN THE SAME CASE OR CARTON.
- If you are shipping more than one piece, mark each piece “Box 1 of 2, Box 2 of 2” and so on, clearly labeled with the enclosed shipping label affixed. Complete all information on the label.
- All materials shipped must be clearly marked with the team’s membership name and number, address, daytime phone number, problem name, division and shipped to the address provided on the shipping label. Props will be accepted beginning May 1, 2020.
- If you are crating your props for shipment, here are some visual DOs and DON’Ts.
Bring tools to open and reassemble your props. Iowa State University is unable to supply tools.
Tracking Your Props:
After May 2, you can check ISU’s Central Receiving Web Site to see if your shipment has been received. When props arrive, cartons will be grouped according to problem and delivered to a storage area near the competition site. Any oversize carton (larger than 32” wide x 72” tall x 8’ long) received will be kept at the central receiving location and teams will be responsible for moving it to the competition site.