Media Center Guidelines
World Finals has tons of great photo-ops and excited kids and parents willing to talk to the media. Here are a few guidelines to make your time at World Finals go smoothly:
Remember: The kids have worked hard for months to get to World Finals. This is an important time for them - they are excited, and many of them are nervous, too. We are here to accommodate you in any way that we can. In return, we ask that you please show respect to the teams by letting them "do their thing" without interference.
- We will be pleased to provide an escort to guide you around campus to various competition and event sites.
- Upon arrival at a competition site, please visit the judging team and identify yourself to the Head Judge. The Head Judge will inform you of any media regulations regarding that particular competition site.
- During the introduction of each team, the Judge tells the audience if the team will allow flash photography and videotaping during its performance. Please comply with the team's request.
- If you wish to interview a team, please do so after the team's performance and after the team has cleared the performance site.
- It's a good idea to first talk to the team's coach, if available, to obtain permission to interview or spend time with the team.
- Because of the secretive nature of the spontaneous problems, we cannot allow any individual to enter the spontaneous competition rooms. However, we can escort you to the outside holding area, where teams wait to be called in to compete. If you wish to experience spontaneous, arrangements can be made for you to observe a performance after the last team competes on Monday. This will be done on a first-come, first-served basis.
Thank you for your interest and your cooperation.